Be still, and know that I am God - Psalm 46:10

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Refocus ~ The words I speak to my husband...

Do I speak words to my husband that show my love for him?

Do I speak words to my husband that encourage & life him up?

Do I pray for my husband?

In April Jeff & I will be married for 15 years & together for 19 years. When we first met & dated we were together as much as possible & talked on the phone for hours.

Nineteen years later life has changed a lot. We are not the carefree college kids we once were. We have responsibilities at work, home & church. We have 2 kids & family responsibilities. Many times at the end of the day we fall into bed exhausted without having a chance to really talk.

Do you find yourself in a similar situation? Do you & your husband take time to know what is going on with each other? Do you make it a point to show him your love?

"Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one anther..." Hebrews 10:25

When we as a husband and wife Refocus on each other & make a point to sit and talk we gain in many areas.
  • We learn ways we can encourage each other.
  • We have an opportunity to discuss small issues before they have a chance to mushroom into bigger problems.
  • We find out ways we can pray for each other
  • Taking time to sit and listen to Jeff shows I am interested in him and is an expression of my love for him.
It is also a time to protect my marriage from
  • miscommunication
  • hurt feelings
  • drifting apart.
It pleases God to see a strong marriage where the husband & wife communicate, encourage each other & support each other.

What specifically can you do this week to Refocus your time & attention on your husband?

Dear Lord, I thank you for my husband. Thank you that you desire for my marriage to be one filled with encouragement and love. Lord I pray that you will help me to slow down and refocus my attention on my husband. Show me specifically what I can do this week to encourage and pray for my husband. In Your Name I Pray.

I am linked today with Melanie at Only A Breath. Visit her blog to see all the wonderful One Word posts.
MonthlyOneWord150

In His Calm,

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...