Welcome to Marriage Mondays. Today I have a special link with Shari Braendel a speaker for Proverbs 31 Ministries and the author of Good Girls don't have to Dress Bad. If you are visiting from her blog thank you so much for stopping by. If you are a regular to The Calm of His Presence I would love for you to visit her blog. I am featured today as her Monday Makeover. While there make sure to let her know you are visiting from my blog. Today I am offering my first ever give away. I am giving away 2 Mini-Microdermabrasion sets. You have up to 3 chances to win a set. You get an entry if you comment on my blog, another entry if you become a follower of my blog and another chance if you go over and comment on Shari's blog. I will announce the winner next Monday. Now, grab a cup of coffee or hot tea and enjoy the Calm of God's Presence.
Heads bobbing up and down, arms flailing, and little faces coughing and sputtering water out of their mouths; that is how my daughter's first day of swimming lessons looked. It was hard for me and the other Moms to sit back and watch our children struggle in the water. I found it difficult to give my daughter the freedom she needed to learn how to swim. One of the instructors told me, "She needs to 'drown' a few times in order to learn how to swim on her own". As a Mom I thought, "easy for you to say, you're not her Mom". When I saw her struggling to keep her head above water I immediately wanted to jump in to save her.
How often does that translate into our spiritual life? We jump into things not knowing what danger lies ahead only to "drown" under the mistakes that we make or the burdens we carry. God is right there, just like a mother is for her child, ready to rescue us from ourselves and the world around us. But, just like a child we are stubborn and don't want to accept His help.
In Matthew 11:28-30 Jesus says "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
In these verses Jesus tells us to lean on Him. He will give us rest. He will teach us and ease our burdens. As we struggle to keep our heads above the waters he will help keep them afloat.
When we feel like we are drowning in our pain, marriage troubles, sin, anger or tragedy we can, like David did in Psalm 69. call out to Jesus. He will be there to rescue us from whatever we have weighing us down. "Save me, O God, for the waters have come up to my neck. I sink in the miry depths, where there is no foothold. I have come into the deep waters: the floods engulf me. I am worn out calling for help; my throat is parched."
If we seek God He will be there to help us. All we need to do is call out to Him and lay everything at His feet. This doesn't mean that we won't ever face hardships but if we turn our troubles over to Jesus He will help us carry the load.
Is there an issue in your marriage you need to turn over to God? Do you find yourself drowning under a failing marriage? Cry out to God. Ask Him to carry you through it. Lean on Him to carry your burden. He will give you the rest your soul needs.
I would love to pray for your marriage. Please leave a comment and let me know how I can pray for you.
In His Calm,
Mary
I think I've seen you before in the blog-sphere...but I am now visiting your site via Shari Braendel!!! :) I loved your Monday Makeover and I think it's awesome that you have a blog on marriage. That is such an attacked area in everyone, but especially Christians. I read a book once that said, "Husband and Wife should not only lie down face to face, but also stand up Shoulder to Shoulder". We have to fight to keep our marriages going. It's great to have a calm place to revamp every Monday! I'll come back to visit for sure!!! God bless you, Mary!!! (svenskamommy@gmail.com)
ReplyDeleteNice post, Mary. I always enjoy your blog. I'll def visit your link. :.)
ReplyDeleteHi Mary, what a beautiful example of our struggles as it relates to marriage and swimming....you are a beautiful woman, Mary...so grateful you are in my life....your makeover is fabulous...and YOU are a knock out!
ReplyDeleteMary,
ReplyDeleteAs always, I enjoyed your writings. You have been blessed with so many talents and this is another example of that. Besides, being a blessing to your family, you are to all others through sharing your love of God and your writings.
Love - Mary John
Great to find you through Shari, and your make over pictures were beautiful!
ReplyDeleteWould love to subscribe but e-mail has changed to vmcml1@hotmail.com. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteMary, I am visiting from Shari’s blog although, I have left a comment a few weeks ago. I hope you enjoyed the note cards I sent!
ReplyDeleteThe analogy between swimming and a marriage is very good; this post is well written. May God lead and direct your words for Marriage Monday’s post.
Hi, Mary! I was just on A Beautiful Place and read your makeover story. I thought you were beautiful before the makeover, but the added accessories and stylish clothing only emphasizes how beautiful you are! I LOVE the pantsuit picture. It's so lovely!
ReplyDeleteThis looks like a really great and encouraging blog. Thanks for holding up marriages. Clear communication and unconditional love are things you can pray over me and my marriage. Thanks in advance for your prayers! jbbreckbill at hotmail dot com
Mary. I remember when you were just starting out with your blog. How awesome it is to witness God's blessing through it now! I was led to your blog from my Facebook newsfeed, and boy am I glad I clicked on the link! As someone who has recently been "drowning", I can testify that now I'm swimming. For a while, I felt such an excruciatingly painful emptiness in my heart, an emptiness that I was tempted to fill with ANYTHING (anger, bitterness, busy-ness, alcohol)... but I knew God had something for me to learn, I knew I had some issues with my flailing faith. I needed to step up my game and push myself to trust, take that leap of faith like I've never EVER done before. I left the emptiness there and waited, and waited, and waited for God to fill it. And God is still working on it but I am slowly seeing the emptiness being filled. My husband and I are working things out. We are still in the journey, a journey that will FOR SURE magnify God's glory!
ReplyDelete"God, while I'm waiting, I will keep serving YOU."
Thank you Mary for this blog.
Warm blessings,
Kat
Wonderful post! Your words are inspiring and I'm so excited to see your makeover experience!
ReplyDeleteHi Mary,
ReplyDeleteI just came over from Shari's blog and love the "new" you. Enjoyed your blog...now I'm a follower :)
In His Grace,
Tammy
tammyrude@stny.rr.com
I am "now" following your blog!
ReplyDelete