The second visit was to the Pediatric Neurologist he sees for migraines. As I sat in the office I was overcome by how blessed I am with the health of my children. We sat in the waiting room with parents whose children have illnesses that prevent them from having a normal childhood.
One boy in particular touched my heart. He was not much younger than my son in age but developmentally he was so much younger. This boy won't be able to play basketball or baseball with his friends. He won't be able to climb pine straw covered hills in his backyard or build forts in the woods.
There are a lot of things he may not be able to do but as I watched him I saw how happy music made him. As he listened to the music on his mother's phone I loved seeing the smile that crossed his face and the way he danced in the waiting room. It brought a smile to my heart to watch him find pleasure in the little things of life.
How often do we get caught up in the busyness of life and forget to thank God for the little things? How often do we focus on the negatives in our lives and fail to see the small gifts God has given us in our life?
There may be things about ourselves we don't like, things that we see has a disability or things we wish were different. Instead of focusing on the negatives why not focus on the positives.
Ask yourself how God blessed you by making you unique and what you can do with that unique quality to bless others.
As Garrett & I passed the time I talked with him about what made him happy and what he was thankful for.
Continuing this Joy Dare with an 8 year old boy #1041 - #1050:
- watching you tube videos
- reading Everest Book 1
- working on my wax museum project for school with mom & dad
- water bottle with cold water to drink after recess
- riding my bike
- cool shoes
- cross necklace
- giving mom hugs
- sour gummy worms
- and I am thankful for my children's health
In His Calm,
Mary
No comments:
Post a Comment