This morning I listened to the sound of my children laughing as they were swinging in the rain. I love to hear the giggles and squeals as they play together. Its not often I let them go out in the rain ~ I'm usually too concerned they'll get sick. But not today...it's been raining for a few days and they really needed to run off some energy while I cleaned.
It wasn't too long before my daughter came in crying. As typically happens the play became a bit rough and she was hurt. I kissed her booboo, gave her a big hug and dried her tears. After a little Mommy time she twirled around and bounced out the door ready to play in the rain some more.
As I watched her run out the door I smiled taking in the moment... Childhood fun & dreams as we look toward Christmas day with family and friends.
Then it hit me...there is another Mom in my town who has young children who can't take away the pain and tears her children are experiencing. As much as she wants there is no amount of hugging that will bring their Daddy back. He was a Public Safety Officer in our town and was shot and killed during a traffic stop earlier this week.
There is no way to make sense of the tragedy and storm these children and their Mom face. A time that should be filled with love and laughter with family will be spent drying tears and giving comforting hugs. My heart breaks for her!
"And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:7
I don't personally know her but I know people who do. They can be there to give hugs and loving support. While I can be a source of prayer for all those who knew and loved Officer Richardson.
As you spend time with your husband...your children... and your family...will you join me in praying for Officer Richardson's wife, children and family.
Dear Lord,
We ask that you will wrap your loving arms around Officer Richardson's wife. Lord may you give her comfort and strength to face these very difficult days ahead. Give her the rest and sleep that she needs. Lord we pray that you will be the loving Father to these children that they so desperately need. As we move closer to Christmas day and they experience pain and tears while they miss their Dad and Husband I pray that you will give them glimpses of smiles and laughter. Strengthen them Lord with each passing day.
In your name we pray,
Amen
Counting One Thousand Gifts #301- #310
- slowing down by running with my kids
- antibiotics & fever breaking
- easy installation of a new washing machine
- my husbands true excitement for Christmas for the first time since his parents' death
- laughter & tears
- pink fluffy clouds
- homemade granola
- the nostalgia of mason jars
- excitement building as we look forward to celebrating the birth of our Lord & Savior
- Advent devotions around the Christmas Tree
Counting 1000 gifts with Ann at A Holy Experience
In His Calm,
Mary
No comments:
Post a Comment