Be still, and know that I am God - Psalm 46:10

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Slowing down by running...


Is it really already less than a week before Christmas?

All this month I have run from one activity to the next... one deadline to the next... one day to the next.

Now here we are the Tuesday before Christmas. When I look back I think where has the last month gone?

I had intended on slowing down to be Thankful.

I had intended on slowing down to enjoy the Christmas school activities with my kids.

I had intended on slowing down to breathe in the excitement & magic in my kids hearts as we look forward to Christmas.

I have done my best in the busyness of life to take time out to stop and slow down if even for just a few moments each day. And despite the feeling that I haven't lived up to MY expectations I know God gives me Grace.

Yesterday I was given two "invitations", one to slow down and take a walk by Emily and one by my kids. Emily's invitation was to take a quiet walk breathing in the silence and freshness of God's creation. Oh how I would have loved to take that walk - silently basking in God's Glorious Creation.

 photo courtesy Ruth Rackley Photography

My children had a different kind of walk planned. Their walk included bikes, running, screams & laughter. I took them up on their walk and boy am I glad I did. The squeals of excitement from my son & daughter did my heart good. I traded in the house full of the smell of cleaning agents for the freshness of the crisp cool afternoon air. I ran while they rode their bikes and I pushed them in swings as they reached high for the sky.

My walk with the kids was another reminder from God to find the freshness of His Presence in each & every day. Yesterday I ran & played in His Presence as I listened and experienced the squeal of laughter and joy of playing with my kids.

God is calling you to experience the freshness of His Presence. How are going to join Him today?

I'm linked today with Emily at Chatting at the Sky for Tuesday's Unwrapped.

In His Calm,

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...