Be still, and know that I am God - Psalm 46:10

Monday, October 24, 2011

Marriage Monday ~ Face-to-Face revisited

I am busy with last minute preparations for a fellowship for the Wives of the Deacons & Ministers at our church. Tomorrow night we will be meeting face-to-face for a time of sharing and prayer. Please pray that tomorrow night we will feel God's Presence as we pray for our husbands & our church. In the mean time I am reposting one of my very first posts. I hope you enjoy it.


 “Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another…” Hebrews 10:25

This past week God started working on my heart in the area of one on one, face-to-face communication with my husband, my children and my friends. I love Hebrews 10:25 because when we meet together face-to-face we have the opportunity to be a great encouragement to each other. There are things we can learn from personal contact that we can’t learn from facebook, texting or email. We pick up facial expressions, body language and intonations while talking to someone that we can’t pick up in a quick message.

Taking the time to call a friend says, “I care about you.” Stopping what we are doing and spending time playing with our son or daughter says, “I love you and want to spend time with you.”

How much one on one communication do you have with your spouse? When my husband and I first started dating we talked for hours. We took turns asking each other different questions. We wanted to know everything we possibly could about each other.

These days we are busy with work, kids and other responsibilities. We don’t have the hours on end to talk like we once did. One of the things my husband is great at doing is calling me during the day to check in. It may be a very short phone call but it tells me he is thinking about me and that he loves me. It makes my heart happy to hear his voice during the middle of the day.

One of the areas we can work on, is at night when the kids go to bed. Instead of going straight to the computer to check email or facebook we can sit down and talk. Maybe its time we start the question and answer session again. Who knows, as busy as we have been in the last 15 years our answers may have changed.

What can you do to improve personal communication with your spouse this week? Is there a friend or child you need to encourage?

I’d love for you to leave me a comment and let me know what you’re going to do to improve face-to-face contact this week. Who knows, it may be the perfect thing for someone else to try.

In His Calm,

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...