Be still, and know that I am God - Psalm 46:10

Monday, October 31, 2011

Marriage Monday & Thankful Thursday


Good Morning! Was your week & weekend as busy as mine? Last week I was busy making last minute preparations for the Wives of the Deacons & Ministers dessert fellowship I, along with several other women hosted at our church. This past weekend was full of fun, food & fellowship with friends. I hope you were able to find some time of rest in the midst of the busyness that goes along with the fall. Because the last week has been so hectic I didn't get a chance to post Thankful Thursday. So, today you get a treat & receive 2 posts for the price 1 :-) . 

I hope you enjoyed the Face-to-Face post I revisited last Monday where I shared Hebrews 10:25
"Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another...".
Not only is it easy to get busy and forget about connecting with our husband but it is also easy to get busy and forget to pray for our husband. The time of fellowship with the women was not only a time to visit and eat some very delicious desserts :-) but it was also a time to focus on prayer for our husbands.

In January of this year I did a series on praying for our husbands. That series not only touched me but I also heard from many of you how important it was for you. As I prayed about what I was to share with the ladies God led me to a time of prayer for our husbands.

As the called Ministers of our church and the Deacons as the called Lay Servants of our Church our husbands are under attack from satan. The enemy does not want our husbands to do the work of Christ. Satan will do whatever he has to in order to disrupt God's work! Because of that we must each pray for our husband. In Romans 15:30 Paul urged the believers to intercede for him in his fight against Satan.
"I urge you, brothers, by our Lord Jesus Christ and by the love of the Spirit, to join me in my struggle by praying to God for me."
We must intercede for our husbands by praying for their protection both spiritually and physically. If you haven't read the book "The Power of a Praying Wife" by Stormie Omartian I highly recommend it. It will give you a great place to start praying for your husband.

Have you ever asked your husband how you can pray for him? How about asking him tonight. You may be amazed at how praying for your husband will bring you closer together. In case you wonder how your husband may feel about you praying for him, my husband Jeff shared his thoughts in this post earlier this year. I would love to hear how you are going to be praying for your husband.

I am linked up today with my friend Julie at Come Have a Peace for Marriage Mondays.


Counting One Thousand Gifts #246 - #255
  • seeing God in the details
  • receiving confirmation when I follow God's leading
  • feeling God's Presence as I listen to 20 women spending time in prayer for their husbands & their church
  • praying protection & encouragement over my husband
  • watching the excitement in my son as he works with his Daddy decorating his pumpkin for the contest at school
  • 1st place ribbon
  • fun at the fall festival with my "Army boy" & "Hippie Chick"
  • tailgating with friends & church family
  • watching football with friends
  • God's protection over our family as we witnessed a wreck
Counting 1000 gifts with Ann at A Holy Experience 


In His Calm,
Mary 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...