This little light of mine I'm gonna let it shine
This little light of mine I'm gonna let it shine
This little light of mine I'm gonna let it shine
let it shine
let it shine
let it shine
Thank you so much for your prayers for my daughter Caroline. The strength we have had this week has been because of your prayers. I am very happy to say Caroline has been cleared of the possibility of a brain tumor!! We are now looking at the possibility of a seizure issue or atypical migraines. Either one is ok with us because we know it is so much better than the other possibility.
Caroline loves the song This Little Light of Mine! She really is a light to our family. Yes, she has her moody moments like most females :) but, she is a very happy child. So, I guess it shouldn't have surprised me how well she has handled the last few weeks. But, it did. She has been such a trooper. Only once did she complain about having to see another Doctor but that didn't last long. She even watched as the nurse put the IV in her hand before her MRI/MRA on Tuesday. There are adults who can't do that!
As much as she impressed me by how well she handled everything I am even more impressed by what a light she is in our family showing the love of Christ. She is very quick to remind us she has two Daddies ~ her Daddy here on earth and her Daddy in Heaven. She tells me several times a day how much Jesus & God love her. I love her childlike faith.
On Monday I was struggling with fear of what Tuesday might bring. I clung to God's promises but, there were times I was weak. At an especially difficult moment Jeff told me of a comment Caroline made to him. She said, "Daddy I'm ok. As much as I would like to go to heaven to see Grandmama & Jesus I'm not going anytime soon. God has more for me to do hear on earth." It was just what I needed. She reminded me of what I have told her even before all of this came up when she would talk about missing her Grandmama. But this time I think God used her to tell us she was ok.
Thank you Lord for loving us and for loving our little girl!
A sweet friend shared this song with me today. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
Counting One Thousand Gifts #212-#224
- resting on God's Promises
- listening to God's nudging
- leaning on His Strength
- the light in my little girl's eyes
- acceptance without questioning
- prayers from so many...even those I don't know
- a little girl who is braver than most adults
- catching up with old friends
- ability to pray for others even when we are hurting
- Doctor's who genuinely care
- friends who help out even when it inconveniences them
- childlike faith
- perfect MRI/MRA
Counting 1000 gifts with Ann at A Holy Experience
In His Calm,
No comments:
Post a Comment