"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."
Philippians 4:13
Lately I have felt frustrated at myself for not being able to keep up with everything. The house is a mess. My to-do list is never complete. Home cooked meals are few & far between. My blog posts have been last minute or late. And the talks I have needed to put together for events haven't been completed as early as I would like.
Do you have high expectations for yourself? I know I do! In my mind I am suppose to have a perfectly clean house, my to-do list completed each day, hot meals on the table, blog posts written on time & messages prepared ahead of schedule all while being the loving wife, mom & good friend I think I'm suppose to be.
And then God reminds me...
I'm not super-woman! I can't do it all on my own. I have limitations. I'm going to miss deadlines & things are going to be left undone at home. And THAT IS OK!
When I'm frustrated & ready to throw my hands up ~ God is there! He has NO limitations! He will give me the strength/stamina/energy/time to get things done. If I let Him.
More importantly, when I hand it over to Him & trust Him to ordain my day I can trust that I will accomplish all that He has planned for me.
God's Grace is sufficient for me, HIS power is made perfect in MY weakness. 2 Corinthians 12:9
Praying you will hand your crazy, busy day over to God so that He can strengthen you to do what He has planned for you.
- dirty floors
- messy rooms with unmade beds
- clean, unfolded laundry piling up
- kitchen sink full of dirty dishes
- a husband who sees I'm overwhelmed & offers to help after the kids are in bed
- a day at home to get caught up
- living life with my family
- following God where He leads even if it means letting other things go
- God's abundant Grace
Counting 1000 gifts with Ann at A Holy Experience
In His Calm,
No comments:
Post a Comment