photo courtesy Ruth Rackley Photography
I have this brown leather chair in my house. Too often it sits empty.
There is a soft, woven blanket resting across the back that provides comfort and warmth when I lay it across me. I like to sit in that chair when I'm all alone in the house.
It's my place of quiet reflection with God. I sit with my Bible, pen & journal. I rest quietly... listening to the leaves rustling outside & the quiet music softly playing behind me.
Most importantly in the still, quiet time I feel the Presence of God.
I feel His Arms wrapped around me hugging me gently. I feel His Calming Peace wash over me.
And then, life gets hectic... deadlines loom... family needs attending too. Before I know it my brown leather chair has been empty for too long and the chair becomes cold.
Its a sign of what's happening in my heart. When I don't take the time to be filled with God' Presence and Calming Peace I'm not at peace. I run around fluttering from place to place, task to task unable to focus on God's call for my life. I become weary & tired.
And then I see that brown leather chair and I remember Jesus' words in Matthew 11:28
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.”
He calls me to Him. He calls me to rest in Him. He will carry my weight. He will carry my burden.
Oh how I'm thankful for that brown leather chair that sits empty waiting for me to sit and rest in the warmth of the blanket - the warmth of God's Love & Peace wrapped around me.
Today I am finding "the gifts that point to the Giver" with Emily at Chatting at the Sky.
In His Calm,
Mary

No comments:
Post a Comment