Be still, and know that I am God - Psalm 46:10

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Thankful Thursday~ Where did the time go?


The end of summer is fast approaching. Where did the time go? I had so many plans for summer. Some were experienced and some were not. There were days of rest & days of fun, days of new experiences and days of reliving past experiences.

Within the next few weeks my kids will start school & we will begin busy school days. There is a part of me that is looking forward to it and a part that wants to stay right where we are. Each season brings with it positives & negatives, the hope of things to come and the regrets of things not done.

Summer vs Fall
carefree days vs busy routines
hot, sweaty afternoons vs cool, crisp breezes
popsicles & ice cold cokes vs apples & warm lattes

This summer I have tried to focus more on intentionally experiencing summer with my family. It's meant setting aside time I would normally be doing other things ~ writing, cleaning, reading ~ but the memories we've made have been worth it.
  • swim team meets
  • pool days
  • nature walks with Grandma 
  • slip-n-slide races
  • frolicking in the surf
  • movie nights cuddled on the couch


As I've made the memories with my family I haven't been as faithful posting Marriage Mondays. I promise once the kids are back in school Marriage Mondays will begin again. Thank you for allowing me the time to be with my family. I will also continue Thankful Thursdays ~ actually be posting them on Thursday :) ~ as I travel the path of Eucharisteo linking a few days later with A Holy Experience on Mondays. I look forward to having you join me as we move into a new season.

#114 - #123
  • lazy saturdays
  • enjoying family night with our kids by taking them to a sandwich place we enjoyed while dating
  • God's provisions
  • summer fun at the pool with my kids
  • being reminded to enjoy these last days of summer
  • refreshing nights sleep
  • waking to a new day & new attitude
  • God's blessing of food on the table when we are hungry
  • helping a friend minister to college girls & being blessed in return
  • excitement as we gather school supplies
Counting 1000 gifts with Ann at A Holy Experience
 

In His Calm,

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...