Be still, and know that I am God - Psalm 46:10

Monday, August 1, 2011

Thankful Thursday - Resting in God's Creation

"God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning - the sixth day." Genesis 1:31
Last week we enjoyed a much needed vacation. As we drove onto the island the scene was set by a deer standing on the side of the road. He looked up at us as if to say welcome to our slower paced, relaxed home. I felt time slow and stresses that were weighing on me release. 

I marveled in the beauty of God's handiwork. His creation of deer, alligators, marsh-grass, waves, and sunsets continued to amaze me all week long. 

Thank you Lord for your amazing creation & love for me.

#104 - #113

  • safe travels 
  • being welcomed to the island by a deer
 
  • morning coffee overlooking the marsh
 
  • bright blue skies
  • laughter around the table after a bumpy start to our vacation
  • field of brown & green marsh-grass
  • kids frolicking in the surf
  • beach sand beneath my toes
  • golf cart rides in the rain
  • baby crabs scurrying along the marsh floor
Counting 1000 gifts with Ann at A Holy Experience

In His Calm,

Mary

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mary:

    Visiting from Ann's blog and 1000 Gifts. I so enjoy the beauty of God's creation and seeing a deer is always a great joy.

    Blessings,
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joan, Thank you for visiting! I continued to be amazed each day over God's amazing creation. I'll visit you soon.

    In His Calm,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...