Be still, and know that I am God - Psalm 46:10

Monday, August 29, 2011

Marriage Mondays ~ Wives of the Bible

Good Monday morning to you! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I pray those of you who live along the Eastern Seaboard are safe. I have been watching the news throughout the weekend trying to keep up with Hurricane Irene while praying for family and friends who live in Maryland. If you lived in one of the many areas affected by Hurricane Irene please let me know how I can pray for you.

"A wife of noble character who can find?" Proverbs 31:10

As a wife what is your roll in marriage? Are you loving & supportive of your husband? Are you honorable, resourceful, and caring? Do you build up and encourage your husband? Are you a counselor to your husband? Do you serve along side your husband in ministry?

Today's world shows us many examples of a wife. We see worldly examples from TV, movies, celebrities & friends. We also are influenced through our families ~ our Mom, Grandmothers, Aunts, & Sisters. But, what does the Bible have to say about wives? How do we learn to be a wife of noble character?

Proverbs 31:10-31 is probably the most well known passage in the Bible discussing the roll of a wife. We see the Proverbs 31 wife as an excellent wife & mother along with a manufacturer, manager, realtor, farmer, seamstress, and merchant. But there are other great examples of wives in the bible ~ some good, some bad. Over the next several weeks on Marriage Monday we are going to look at the good & not so good examples of a wife. We have much to learn from these women. I would love for you to join me as we study the Wives of the Bible. 

Here is sneak peak at some of the wives we are going to study:
  • Sarah ~ God responds to faith even in the midst of failure.
  • Lott's wife ~ Is there something we as wives need to turn away from in order to follow God & our husband?
  • Rebekah ~ Initiative ~ the good & bad
  • Leah & Rachel ~ Do we seek approval from our husband &/or other's over God's approval?
  • Abigail ~ peacemaker & counselor
  • Naomi & Ruth ~ Putting what is best for others before ourselves
  • Hannah ~ Took her troubles to the Lord instead of expecting her husband to solve her problems.
  • Proverbs 31 woman ~ Works hard to complete her responsibilities both in & outside of the home.
  • Job's wife ~ Do we speak words of encouragement & love to our husband in times of suffering or do we speak words of defeat & ridicule?
  • Pilate's wife ~ Do we show our support to our husband when he has to stand for what he believes & knows is right?
  • Priscilla & Aquila ~ An example of an effective husband & wife ministry team.
I'm looking forward to learning what the Bible has to teach us about the roll of a Godly, honorable wife. What do you hope to learn? Let me know what questions you have and I will do my best to answer them.

I am linked today with my friend Julie @ Come Have a Peace. Her words of wisdom today are powerful insights on the Adulterous woman in Proverbs 7.

In His Calm,

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...