Be still, and know that I am God - Psalm 46:10

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Thankful Thursday ~ for the good & bad of it all

For the frustration when they're asked over & over only to be disobeyed again...

For the hurt felt when dinner's on the table, a chair is empty and the kids are refusing to eat...

For the heartache that comes over the cold heart of a son...

For going to bed with a headache after a long day...

For waking up the next morning to a beautiful sunrise and the promise of new life...

The journey of motherhood isn't always easy ~ frustrations, hurt, heartache & headaches will come ~ but so does joy, laughter, love  & pride.

I am forever thankful God gave me the gift of my children ~ the good & bad of it all.


 For you created my inmost being;
   you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
   your works are wonderful,
   I know that full well.
 My frame was not hidden from you
   when I was made in the secret place,
   when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
   all the days ordained for me were written in your book
   before one of them came to be.
Psalm 139: 13-16
#135 - #144
  • exciting 1st days of school
  • reminding a child to be thankful
  • working hard to put dinner on the table only to have no one eat it
  • asking over and over again before I'm finally obeyed
  • having children to be impatient with
  • whispers at night
  • when God turns our impossible prayers into miracles
  • 1st bloom of a single white rose kissed with dew
  • ten tiny fingers & ten tiny toes
Counting 1000 gifts with Ann at A Holy Experience
In His Calm,

Mary


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...