Be still, and know that I am God - Psalm 46:10

Monday, November 8, 2010

Thankful for My Husband

I thank my God every time I remember you. Philippians 1:3

Cool crisp mornings, leaves rustling along the ground, red yellow & orange colors in the trees, pumpkin latte & pumpkin donuts, spice scented candles and apples fresh from the orchard... 

These are the many reasons I love the fall. This time of year I become more aware of things to be thankful for. For some reason this year I have really begun to focus more on how blessed I am. God has given me so much. He has blessed me more than I could have ever imagined. 

My family is one of the biggest ways God has blessed me. Why God chose to give me such an amazing husband and children I will never know. I only hope I never take for granted their unconditional love and support.

The next several weeks I will take time to share with you the many ways God has blessed me. I hope that through this season of Thanksgiving you will see the many ways God has blessed you. I pray that you will find a time to sit quietly in the presence of God and thank Him for all He is has given you.

My Husband

1. I am thankful that Jeff is an amazing cook. I am the one who does the day to day cooking in our house. But, if you want a gourmet meal Jeff is the one to cook it. He can also grill the most amazing hamburger & steak. And is also very famous for his mac & cheese. In our house its known as "Dad's famous mac & cheese".

2. I am thankful that Jeff is very smart. I frequently go to him with all sorts of questions. In fact I just used him as a dictionary to smell gourmet :-). Seriously though Jeff is a wealth of knowledge. He has quite the memory.

3. I am thankful that Jeff is a very talented woodworker. He loves to build things. In our house, where a dinning room table should be, is a large beautiful playhouse he designed and built for Garrett as a Christmas present one year.

4. I am thankful that Jeff is a hands-on Dad. He is very much involved with the kids. Just this past weekend he took Garrett on a Father/son camping trip. And he loves to take Caroline on Daddy/daughter dates. Jeff loves our kids with all his heart. Our kids will never wonder if their daddy loved them because they see it everyday.

5. I am thankful that Jeff loves me unconditionally! I am human and I have many flaws. I mess up from time to time but he doesn't hold it against me. Jeff is a source of strength in our marriage.

6. Most of all I am thankful Jeff is the Spiritual Head of our house. He has a personal walk with God and desires to follow God in the direction for our family. I love that our children can go to him when they have questions about God and His Son, Jesus Christ.


How are you thankful for your husband? I would love for you to share some of the ways you are thankful.


I am linked today to Emily at Chatting at the sky.


In His Calm,

Mary

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet post. I am thankful that my husband has most of those qualities as well. I am especially thankful for the cooking part. He can cook gourmet and he cooks dinner every night (sometimes 3 different meals...us, kids, his Dad) and he goes grocery shopping every single day. This is a good month to brag about how great our husbands are and to remember all the things we are thankful for about them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am thankful for my husband who loves me unconditionally, is mechanically minded and does a load of laundry when I get behind and for always being himself! This is a great reminder to thank my husband!

    I want to say “thanks” for the compliment you wrote on my makeover post on Shari’s blog; I really appreciate your kind words! I believe you are a young woman who is a blessing to those around you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...