Be still, and know that I am God - Psalm 46:10

Monday, November 15, 2010

Heaven Is The Face

I have started this post several times on my blank screen but even more times in my head. I don't know why I am having such a hard time putting into words how thankful I am for my children. Earlier today I had no trouble rattling off a list about each one of them in my head. But now, as I sit down to type, the words aren't coming. I am filled with so many emotion I can't express them all. 

Last night my husband & I saw Steven Curtis Chapman in concert at our church. During the concert Steven and his wife MaryBeth shared the journey they have been on since their daughter went to be with Jesus in Heaven. One of the songs Steven shared was "Heaven Is The Face". The words to this song say so much about how I feel about my own two children. Garrett & Caroline are with us but I see Heaven when I look at them. They are God's gift to me. Many, many times I have asked God what I did to deserve the honor of raising these two amazing gifts from Him. 

Garrett is all boy! He came into this world with a bang, literally! He was born on July 3rd by an emergency C-section after his heart stopped. He is an active, inquisitive, energetic, loving boy. I love the way he makes me laugh.

Caroline is what we like to call a tomboy-diva. She loves to run and play with Garrett in the woods but, she also loves playing dress up and putting on make-up. She is little Miss Personality. I love to listen to her "play" her guitar & sing.

So many of our days are spent running around going from one activity to the next. I am thankful that God gave me the opportunity last night to remember all that I love about my children. Please take the time to listen to Steven Curtis Chapman's song "Heaven Is The Face". I hope it touches you as much as it touched me. 


In His Calm,


Mary

3 comments:

  1. Hi Mary, what a beautiful post. I think Heaven looks like my son Luke, too, so I resonate with your thoughts. Beautiful. I wanted to pop over here and tell you that you won the notecards from Brenda from her makeover post...I tried to find your email but couldn't so thought this might be the best way to reach you. Please email me your address so she can put those in the mail to you. Congrats and Happy thanksgiving! love, Shari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary, Your kids are heaven to my eyes too. They definitely have their Aunt Ruth and Uncle Todd wrapped around their little beautiful fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, I enjoyed your post so much and I understand how you feel about your children.
    My son is grown however, he was a joy to raise and is a fine follower of Jesus in every area of his life. I have always felt blessed that God gave him to me!

    This morning I was out and about; one stop was to the post office to mail your note cards!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...