"See, what a morning, gloriously bright
With the dawning of hope in Jerusalem
Folded the grave-clothes, tomb filled with light
As the angels announce, “Christ is risen”
See God’s salvation plan
Wrought in love, borne in pain, paid in sacrifice
Fulfilled in Christ, the man
For He lives, Christ is risen from the dead"
Kristyn Getty’s beautiful voice singing See What a
Morning by Keith Getty & Stuart Christopher Townend woke me this morning
from a fitful night of sleep.
Last night as I set my alarm I found the song &
thought what a peaceful way to wake up.
Little did I know I would have one of the worst nights
of sleep in a while. So, when my alarm went off I was not ready to see the
bright glorious morning. In fact, I was in a pretty bad mood.
I quickly & not so gently hit the snooze button
& rolled over grumbling. But then the words to the song replayed in my
head.
As I thought about Mary standing beside the empty grave
weeping and desperately crying out to find Jesus only to hear His voice after
being raised from the grave, my heart lightened & hope filled my heart as I
readied myself to face the day (John 20:10-18).
I realized I had a choice to begin my day with joy in
my heart & a smile on my face. I had a choice to speak kind, loving words
to my family as we prepared ourselves for church.
While I prepared my physical body I also prepared my
heart. I made the conscious decision to seek joy, to look at the glorious
morning God had given me and praise Him for who He is.
“A happy heart makes the face
cheerful, but heartache crushes the spirit.” Proverbs 15:13
And you know what? As I made the choice to have a happy
heart & share a smile & kind words I forgot about the bad mood. The
very grumpy sour attitude dissolved into a heart & mood of joy & love.
Are there days when you wake with a grumpy attitude?
What do you do to refocus your heart, mind & actions?
In His Calm,
Mary
No comments:
Post a Comment