Go.
![]() |
| photo courtesy: pixaby.com |
“Be careful” I tell my son, “or you will fall.”
Those words have been uttered more times than I can
count this week after he received a pair of Healy’s for making the
A Honor Roll for the year.
It wasn’t my first choice but he has wanted them all
year & what could a proud mama do? Now the praying for protection begins.
He slipped them on tentatively, took a lunge forward
and arms went flailing everywhere searching for a place to grab before he fell.
Many hours he has spent with hands up against our hall
wall trying to keep his balance. While in the hall with something to hold onto
he has stayed upright.
When out in the open the falls have taken place. Each
time he has fallen he has dusted off his hands & knees & picked himself
up again.
As I watch him I think, aren’t we like that? Do we
surround ourselves with Christ and hold on for support & strength and then
when we find ourselves out in the open, we fall to the ground?
The wonderful thing is that when we fall God is there
to pick us up again. He’s there to help us dust our hands & knees off and
take back off again.
Yes, sometimes it’s tentative small steps but other
times its freewheeling & arms out wide feeling his Grace & Love.
Stop.
In His Calm,
Mary

No comments:
Post a Comment