Be still, and know that I am God - Psalm 46:10

Friday, June 14, 2013

Five Minute Friday~Listen

I have grown to love Five Minute Friday! Now that summer is here life is very busy. There are days & sometimes a week goes by where I don't have time to sit & write a post but on Friday I'm "given permission" to take just a few minutes to write what comes to my mind about a given word. Today's word is Listen.


Five Minute Friday – Listen
GO.
Crisp, cool icy blue water surrounds me as I float under the bright warm sunshine.
I rest quietly listening to the laughter, water splashing, giggling, & cheers from “award-winning” belly flops.
Grandparents float around catching up on the week’s events & Moms give their little ones the encouragement they need to take the first step into the water.
These are the sounds of summer.
I don’t need to listen hard to hear them, I just need to stop & enjoy the sound of joy & light-hearted fun.
STOP.

Its Five Minute Friday time again where I link up with Lisa-Jo Baker for 5 minute Friday for a time of writing for "5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking."
In His Calm,
Mary
not a perfect post, not a profound post, just five minutes of focused writing - See more at: http://lisajobaker.com/#sthash.H4RWVsbv.dpuf
not a perfect post, not a profound post, just five minutes of focused writing. - See more at: http://lisajobaker.com/#sthash.H4RWVsbv.dpuf
not a perfect post, not a profound post, just five minutes of focused writing. - See more at: http://lisajobaker.com/#sthash.H4RWVsbv.dpuf
not a perfect post, not a profound post, just five minutes of focused writing. - See more at: http://lisajobaker.com/#sthash.H4RWVsbv.dpuf
not a perfect post, not a profound post, just five minutes of focused writing. - See more at: http://lisajobaker.com/#sthash.H4RWVsbv.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...