Five Minute Friday – Rhythm
GO
Quiet & slow with feet stumbling on the cold floor
I move as I start the rhythm of my day.
I open a window & listen quietly as I hear the
flutter of birds waking in the trees. They move slowly at first & then in
the quick rhythmic burst of their wings they are off in flight gathering food
for their young.
I have coffee now so I’m moving a bit faster not quite
ready to gather the food on the table for my young.
It takes a little while before I’m ready for the rhythm
of the day.
And then my son awakes with a start…he stumbles out of the
bedroom door & quickly heads to the kitchen ready for breakfast.
My rhythm quickens to come in line with his.
Later, my daughter wakens…her rhythm is slow, quiet
& steady as she softly pads out of her room. Gently she lays on the couch
not ready to face the fast rhythm in the house for the day.
And these, these are the rhythms that begin our days.
STOP
In His Calm,
Mary
No comments:
Post a Comment