“For
you created my inmost being;
you
knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I
praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your
works are wonderful,
I
know that full well.”
Psalm
139:9
My little friends are back. They show up about this
time every year & keep me company each morning while I sit having my quiet
time. As I sit in the quiet of the morning drinking my coffee, they sit on
branches singing their good morning song in the cedar trees just outside my
window.
For the next few weeks I will watch them slowly build
their nests. They will quietly bring a small piece of yarn, small blade of
grass or pine needle and weave it into a nest strong enough and big enough to
hold tiny eggs.
As I sit and watch them quietly & slowly work the
pieces they find on the ground into a masterpiece of strength & security I
am reminded how God works the fragments & pieces of my life into a
masterpiece of strength & security with his hands.
I so often want to rush ahead & do things my way. I
don’t want to wait on him to take each piece of my life and weave it into the
plan that He has for me.
These days I am frustrated & ready to do something
… anything to move to the next thing God has for me.
But, instead of jumping full steam ahead, I am taking a
deep breath, listening to His Still Small Voice and allowing His Hands to create the
foundation of His Plan for my life.
“I
wait for the Lord, my soul waits,
and
in his word I put my hope.
My
soul waits for the Lord
more
than watchmen wait for the morning,
more
than watchmen wait for the morning.”
Psalm
130:5-6
Continuing to Count the Joy Dare #1066 - #1073
·
birds singing outside my window
·
bright morning sunshine
·
prayers being answered even when I don’t take
the time to see it
·
getting the kids to school on time
·
God preparing me for changes I once dreaded
·
trusting God to be with a friend
·
trusting God to show me His Path
·
a burning desire to jump out ahead of God but listening
to the Still Small Voice of God that says wait on me
In His Calm,
Mary
No comments:
Post a Comment