**********
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6,7
Something
caught my eye as I was sitting at my computer early one morning. First I
saw a quick, small shadow flash out of the corner of my eye. When I
looked I didn't see anything so I went back to my reading. Just a few
minutes later I saw another flash of a small shadow out of the corner of
the same eye. Again, when I looked I saw nothing. Then again a few
minutes later I saw the same flash. This time when I turned my head I
spied the shadow. It was a small spider not any bigger than the nail on
my pinky. It was scurrying around all over the other side of the
windowpane next to me. I watched it for a little while and wondered what
it was up to. I really have never seen a spider move so quickly and
sporadically. I thought at first it was spinning a web but it wasn't. It
just appeared to be scurrying around aimlessly.
As
I watched the sporadic movements I started thinking about how in our
marriages we can sometimes be like that spider. When we have issues in
our marriage we sometimes wander aimlessly flitting from one place to
another searching for answers never to find them.
- We look to the world or someone else to fill the void in a loveless marriage.
- We lash out at our husband thinking if we hurt him the hurt he has caused will go away.
- We go on a shopping spree blowing the budget because our husband doesn't see the importance of a budget and we are tired of fighting about it.
Does this sound like you? Do you feel like that spider? Do you feel like you are running yourself ragged trying to fix the problems in your marriage? Are you tired of trying with all your might to make things right only to fall on your face in frustration or failure?
Oh sweet sister there is a way to stop scurrying around. There is a way to fix the problem. That way is JESUS. Turn it over to HIM. Whatever problem you have in your marriage give it to the One you LOVES you. Our verse today tells us to "present our request to him". You may be to the point where you are at your whits end. Its ok if you cry or scream. You can talk to Jesus however you need to talk to Him. The point is turning it over to Him. He knows what you need and He LOVES you. When you lay it in His Hands completely he WILL give you the peace you need. And He WILL get you through it!
I would love to pray for you. Please leave me a comment and let me know how I can pray for you and your marriage.
No comments:
Post a Comment