“Lord,
prepare me to be a Sanctuary, Pure & Holy, Tried & True. And with
Thanksgiving, I’ll be a living Sanctuary for you.”
Over the years the name for the place of worship in a
Church has changed from Sanctuary to Worship Center. I haven’t embraced that change
easily. In my mind a Sanctuary is a place of reverence & honor. When we
worship God we show Him reverence & honor. For me a Worship Center seemed
less formal & more relaxed…in a way less honoring.
As my personal walk with Christ grew I realized it’s
not about the name of where I worship or the style of my worship, it’s about
the attitude of my heart.
·
My heart must kneel before God in Honor &
Reverence.
·
My heart must be willing to bow before Him
humbly laying before Him my sin, my pain & my fear.
·
My heart must be willing to hear what He has to
say.
There are days when my heart is not the sanctuary it
should be. This morning was one of those days. I was frustrated, impatient
& unhappy.
After walking a bit too loud & closing doors a bit
too hard I sat in my car & took a deep breath. Ugh!
I began praying Psalm 19:14
Lord,
“May the words of my mouth (and my actions) and the meditation of my heart be
pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my rock & my redeemer”.
As I prayed, the lyrics to the song Sanctuary came to
my mind. As I sang the song I felt my tension ease & my mind settle as I
began to Refocus my heart & mind on Christ.
My heart, mind & body are a Sanctuary to God. When
I am frustrated & unhappy I am not pleasing Him by acting & saying
things that don’t honor him.
Some days I must, minute by minute Refocus my heart
& mind on Him, other days it is much easier.
When my attitude & heart are focused on worshipping
God my body becomes His Sanctuary, “pure & holy, tried & true”.
These days whether the place I worship is called a
Sanctuary or Worship Center no longer takes center stage. What I am focused on
is an attitude of praise, thanksgiving & worship.
What is the attitude of your heart, mind & body?
Do your actions & words please & honor God?
Mary
No comments:
Post a Comment