Be still, and know that I am God - Psalm 46:10

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Thankful Thursday ~ the gift of prayer


“As for me, far be it from me that I should sin against the LORD by failing to pray for you…” 1 Samuel 13:23a

Flowers, cards, gifts, love notes, chocolates, date night all tell us it’s Valentine’s Day. How do you and your husband celebrate Valentine’s Day, or, do you celebrate Valentines’ Day?
At the very beginning of our relationship my husband & I agreed we wouldn’t celebrate Valentine’s Day. It’s not that we don’t celebrate our love for each other b/c we do many times throughout the year. It’s just that when we were poor college kids we didn’t have the money to get caught up in the expense of celebrating Valentine’s Day. Now, 19 years later we are still very aware of the expense that many people put into Valentine’s Day but we choose a different way to celebrate our love for each other.
One of the ways I celebrate my love for my husband is to pray for him. A few years ago as I read through the book The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian I wrote a series on Praying for our Husbands.

Praying for our Husbands - As Spiritual Leader

Praying for our Husbands - His Responsibilities

Praying for our Husbands - Intimacy & Affection

 

When I pray for my husband I give him one of the best gifts I can ever give him. Each day he faces challenges. When I pray for him I help give him the strength he needs to face those challenges.
Do you pray for your husband daily? Would you take some time tonight over dinner or after the kids have gone to bed and ask him how you can pray for him? You will be amazed how much your prayers will mean to him.
As I concluded my series on praying for our husbands my husband Jeff shared what it meant to have me praying for him. You can read his perspective here.
Are you unable to ask your husband how you can pray for him? Stormie Omartian’s book The Power of a Praying Wife is a great resource.
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
·      Thank God for the ways your husband blesses you.
·      Ask God to give him the strength to make the right decisions.
·      Ask God to guard his heart & mind from the temptations he faces everyday.
·      Ask God to strengthen him to follow the path God has laid before him.
·      If he is an unbeliever pray that he will open his heart to God’s Saving Grace.

As you pray for your husband pray also that you will be the Godly wife God has called you to be. Seek His will & direction for your marriage.
Is there a way I can pray for you? I would be honored to pray for you and your marriage. Leave me a message telling me how I can pray for you.
Continuing the Joy Dare #1060 - #1065:
·      Another year celebrating the life of my husband
·      A life that is lived 100% to honor & glorify God
·      A Man after God’s Own Heart
·      A faithful husband
·      A father who loves his children & desires to raise them according to God’s Will
·      A loyal Friend



In His Calm,

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...