This morning I found myself pacing the house.
I have a
dizzying amount of things on my to do list – laundry, cleaning, getting dinner
for tonight started, writing a blog post, running countless errands…& on it
goes…
I actually made myself dizzy while talking to someone
on the phone. I couldn’t stop long enough to have a very important conversation
because I knew that would put me further behind. When I hung up the phone I
needed to sit down to collect my thoughts about what to do next.
It was then, as I sat still long enough to take a deep
breath, that God tapped on my heart & said “Come sit with me for a little
bit. Let me interrupt your going in circles so that I may calm your spirit
& speak to your soul.”
I walked to my bedroom, grabbed my bible, pen &
Sunday School book and sat down to have my quiet time. I opened to Day One of
Jonah Navigating a Life Interrupted by Priscilla Shirer.
“A
life interrupted by a holy God is a privilege.”
Priscilla
Shirer
Wouldn’t you know it; God had just interrupted me!
He wanted to meet with me, one on one…in the quiet of
my house. He wanted to speak peace into my very being!
I had begun my day focused on my to do list which left
me reeling in the rush of it all.
As I read how the Lord interrupted Gideon in Judges 6:11-27
verses 17 & 18 jumped out at me.
“Gideon
replied, ‘If now I have found favor in your eyes, give me a sign that it is
really you talking to me. Please do not go away until I come back and bring my
offering and set it before you.’ And the Lord said, ‘I will wait until you
return.’”
Judges
6:17-18
Did you catch that? “The Lord said, ‘I will wait until
you return.’”
And that is what He did for me. He quietly tapped on my
heart & said, “come sit with me, I will wait for you to return.”
Instead of being focused on all that I needed to do
today I needed to focus on the One who brings peace to my spirit the One who will
ordain & lay out my day before me.
Do you need to stop frantically running around and sit
quietly with God? He is waiting for you to stop and sit at His feet.
In His Calm,
Mary

No comments:
Post a Comment