Be still, and know that I am God - Psalm 46:10

Friday, September 16, 2011

Thankful Thursday ~ God's Gentle Spirit

"A gentle answer turns away wrath,
but a harsh word stirs up anger."
Proverbs 15:1
 
photo courtesy Ruth Rackley Photography

Clinched fists. Pounding feet. Slamming doors. Growls, tears & high pitched screams.

All sounds & actions expressed by my 4 year old little girl. When she gets that way it doesn't take long for me to want to act the same way. My blood pressure rises, my face gets flushed & I want to scream too. Sometimes I don't do well subduing my frustrations but other times I hear & listen to God's gentle tug on my heart. "My child, I love you. Remember my gentle spirit & stay In The Calm of My Presence & I will give you calm & peace." 

Then, I take a deep breath & give her space. I calm down. She calms down. I hug her and give her the gentle words she needs to hear.

Thank you Heavenly Father for your gentle, calming spirit.

Counting One Thousand Gifts #176 - #187

  • opportunity to minister to friends who ministered to us
  • feeling God's hand upon my heart
  • Grace filled mornings
  • little patches
  • morning devotions that give me the encouragement I need
  • nervous excitement before a big meeting
  • stepping out on faith for such a time as this
  • leaving a dirty kitchen only to find it spotless when I returned home ~ thank you honey
  • one step closer to closure
  • warm lumps
  • getting the kids in bed on time
  • staying quiet & using gentle words
Counting 1000 gifts with Ann at A Holy Experience 
 

In His Calm,

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...