Be still, and know that I am God - Psalm 46:10

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Over the last several months I have felt God nudging me to start writing another day of the week. While praying about adding another day I made numerous excuses. I'm too busy and what would I write about were just a couple of those excuses. While recovering from surgery I have had the chance to read a few books that have been sitting at my bedside begging to be picked up. One of those books is One Thousand Gifts - A Dare To Live Fully Right Where You Are by Ann Voskamp. While reading it one day I felt God tell me, "This is it. Thanksgiving. Write about the changes that I am going to do in your heart through Thanksgiving."  

I would love for you to join me on this journey. Each week I will be linking up with Ann Voskamp at A Holy Experience. She hosts Multitudes on Mondays where she counts her One Thousand Gifts and beyond. Since I post Marriage Mondays I will write Thanksgiving Thursdays and link up with her the following Monday. But, you will always find a link at the bottom of my Thursday posts to her site.

Eucharisteo - Thanksgiving
Charis - Grace
Chara - Joy

Grace... Thanksgiving... Joy... Eucharisteo...

God in His Amazing Grace loves me in the here and now. He loves me despite of who I am. He loves me when I am in my flesh, frustrated at my children, laundry piling up, dishes in the sink, pushing Him aside one more time because I don't have time for Him, when I am anxious and stressed. And He loves me when I come crawling back to Him wounded and weary from trying to do it all on my own.

Daily, even moment to moment I may struggle with living in the Calm Presence of God vs the crazy, chaotic world. But when I focus on the blessings God has given me in every moment I am reminded of His GREAT LOVE & GRACE and that brings me joy.

This will be my journal of Thanksgiving - Eucharisteo as I find the joy of God's blessings.

#1 - #20

  • the way you love me and bring me to you...
  • quiet moments in the chaos of life...
  • singing birds that remind me of the spring of new life...
  • the joy of a young boy as he gives a young girl a fresh picked flower...
  • the rowdy love of a brother & sister...
  • friends who go above and beyond to help...
  • the faint scent of a candle burning...
  • the blessing of quick healing...
  • the capable hands of competent surgeons...
  • waking up...
  • pretty ballerina in a hot pink tutu...
  • good morning whispers & good morning kisses...
  • early morning snuggles...
  • the joy on my ballerina's face when she received her first bouquet of daisies & pink roses...
  • grilling out with great friends...
  • singing Jesus Loves Me at bedtime with my son...
  • toothless grins...
  • the loud thumping of a protective Mother's heart, followed by a deep sigh when her little girl's pulled from the water & is ok...
  • a husband who steps in when my body says "I quit"...
  • a day to rest

I'm linked today with Multitudes on Mondays one thousand gifts @ a holy experience

I'd love to hear what you are thankful for!

In His Calm,

Mary

4 comments:

  1. Trust me...the journey of eucharisteo is amazing! I have been counting gifts with Ann since September and it has changed my heart and perspective in so many ways. To God be the glory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Melissa! I can already tell a difference in my heart. At dinner most nights we discuss it as a family. I'm beginning to see a little difference in my kids too! Its amazing when we turn our focus on God how much our attitudes will improve!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful list! I'm thanking God with you for wonderful husbands -- a true blessing.

    Visiting from Ann's blog and so happy to 'meet' you today :) I'm your newest follower :)

    Blessings,
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Melanie! So glad you visited! Will be stopping by your blog soon :).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...