Be still, and know that I am God - Psalm 46:10

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Intentionally focused on our husbands

"May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed. We will shout for joy when you are victorious and will lift up our banners in the name of our God. May the Lord grant all your requests." Psalm 20:4,5
A couple of weeks ago on Thankful Thursday I posted how I was trying to live intentionally focused on my children, my husband & my God. That is my heart's desire! I want to focus on those who are most important to me. But, despite my strongest heart's desire I don't always measure up to my standards. Thank goodness it's not my standards that count. When I go to God with my "requests" and share with Him the desire of my heart he will help me live intentionally focused on my children, my husband, & on Him.

Last night Jeff & I went on our first date in several months. Boy did we need it! We have been focused on so many other things we haven't been living intentionally focused on each other. Satan did everything he could to prevent our date night from happening. He put obstacles in our way but we didn't let him win. No! The Lord knew we needed time to reconnect with each other and that is just what we did! 

Do you need to live intentionally focused on your husband? Do you need to take that need to God? I would love to pray for your marriage. Leave me a comment sharing how I can pray for you.

I am linked today with Julie at Come Have a Peace. You can click on the link here or go to my side bar and click on the Come Have a Peace button to visit her blog.

In His Calm,

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...