Be still, and know that I am God - Psalm 46:10

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Thankful Thursday

"It takes a full twenty minutes after your stomach is full for your brain to register satiation. How long does it take your soul to realize that your life is full? The slower the living, the greater the sense of fullness and satisfaction." One Thousand Gifts pg 76
Over the last month and a half I have been forced to live slower while I recover from surgery. I felt it. I felt the "sense of fullness and satisfaction." While on the mend and resting I was at peace and calm. I realized the need to slow down and life life intentionally. Now, as I move back into the everyday hustle and bustle of life I need to remember to live intentionally.
Intentionally focused on my kids... 
Intentionally focused on my husband...
Intentionally thanking God for His Love and His Gifts...
#31 - #47
  • soft piano music playing while I write
  • my baby girl growing up way too fast
  • giving up my idea of perfection in order to teach my kids how to mop the floor
  • surprising G & C with a trip to the strawberry farm to say thank you for their hard work this week
  • juicy ripe strawberries & blackberries



  •  berry stained shirts & juice covered hands & face from G eating more berries off the vines than those he put in the bucket
  • the excitement of the kids to cut fresh flowers from the garden



  • bees everywhere pollinating the flowers & us not fearing their sting so that we can enjoy God's beautiful creation together
  • impromptu visit with long lost friends 
  • true gratefulness from the kids for a wonderful day
  • cheering my little girl on as she "swims" the length of the pool in her first swimmeet
  • proud Mama heart as I watch my growing boy stand on the podium for two medal ceremonies - 1st backstroke, 3rd freestyle
  • date worthy dinner cooked by my husband in the comforts of our home
  • hugging my son tight as he wakes from a night terror
  • good-morning kiss & whispers of I love you from G
  • a new day with new beginnnings
  • being reminded to find something to be thankful for even when things aren't going my way
Counting One Thousand Gifts with A Holy Experience.

In His Calm,

Mary

2 comments:

  1. I really love reading these posts! Helps you realize that the "little things" are so often the "big things"...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Denise they do help me realize the "little things" are so often the "big things". It really has helped change my attitude.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...