Be still, and know that I am God - Psalm 46:10

Monday, May 30, 2011

Two Are Better Than One






Happy Memorial Day. Thank you to all of our service men and women who have so graciously sacrificed their lives so that we may live in the land of the free. I am proud to live in a country where I can worship my God and Savior.

It is so good to be back with you. I have missed sharing with you each week. Thank you for your prayers.  They have been felt and have been answered. My doctors have been very impressed at how well I am recovering and I know it is an answer to prayer! Thank you to Ruth, Julie & Mary John for guest posting over the last 3 weeks. I hope you enjoyed their posts as much as I did.

A few weeks before my surgery I wrote a post on Control. I talked about the issues I have with giving up control. I was worried that while I was recovering Jeff would step up and handle everything without any difficulty and make me look bad for not being able to keep up with everything. I was also having a hard time asking my friends and family members for help. But then I began reading a book titled It's No Secret - Revealing Divine Truths Every Woman Should Know by Rachel Olsen. In It's No Secret there is a chapter titled "Get By with a Little Help from Your Friends: Revealing the Secret of Interdependence". I realized as Christians part of God's plan is for us to help each other. He ministers to us through our friends and family. With that revelation I began letting go of things. I gave them over to God and allowed Him to minister to me and my family through friends and other family members. And oh what a blessing each and everyone of them have been to us!

"A spiritual gift is given to each of us as a means of helping the entire church" 1 Corinthians 12:7
 And you know what, Jeff stepped in and was amazing! Depending on him strengthened my appreciation for him. I loved watching him care for the kids. He is an amazing husband and father!


Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 "Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up! Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."
In Ecclesiastes Solomon reminds us that we are not meant to go through life alone. God is here to help us. He has given us friends & family to minister to us and show us His Love through their love and actions. While I was in the hospital and home recovering Jeff put aside his work, his hobbies, and his other responsibilities in order to take care of me and the kids. His putting aside everything else and focusing on me and the kids spoke volumes of his love for me. 

Your husband may not be going through surgery but, is there something you need to put aside in order to focus on him? Do you have a friend who needs to feel God's love through your ministering to them?

During my time of recovery God has prompted me to add another day to my blog and begin writing on Thursday. I have begun working through a book called One Thousand Gifts - A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are by Ann Voskamp. I would love for you to join me on Thursday as I follow God's leading and share with you the many wonderful blessings God has given me.

In His Calm,

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...