That is the title of Mandisa's new album slated to be released in a few weeks. Last night I had a blast at Girl's Night Out with Anita Renfroe and Mandisa. I laughed. I sang. And this Baptist girl even did a little dancing :). During the concert Mandisa shared a bit about her song What If We Were Real. One of the points she made was, What would happen if we as Christians were upfront about our struggles instead of putting on a happy face and not letting people know the hardships we go through. How many lives would we impact for Christ by being vulnerable.
I haven't been able to stop thinking about those comments. I am the type of person who tries my best to be positive. Even if I am going through something difficult I try to focus on the wonderful blessings God has given me. I have been thinking lately about how much of my past and struggles I should share with you. Some of the thoughts I have mulled over are
- would it really make a difference to anyone
- what if it comes across as being too negative or whining
- would people really care
- would I hurt anyone close to me by sharing about life growing up.
I know I usually only post on Monday's but please join me again tomorrow morning to read about the heartbreak of a 7 year old little girl and the love of a Godly Mom.
I am linked today with Julie at Come Have a Peace for Marriage Mondays.
In His Calm,
Mary

No comments:
Post a Comment