Be still, and know that I am God - Psalm 46:10

Monday, March 21, 2011

Who Can Satisfy?

Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love,
   that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days. Psalm 90:14

Last week I shared with you part of my experiences growing up. This week I want to share with you the unfailing love of our Heavenly Father. 

When my earthly father went into the hospital we experienced a peace we had not felt in a long time. As a 7 year old little girl I thought the worst possible thing that could happen was for my parents to divorce. As a 17 year old girl I realized my Mom had done everything she could. I assured her that my brother & sister & I would support her in whatever decision she made. We all knew things had to change. We also knew God was going to take care of us and that we would be ok. 

Not long after my parents separated I was driving home from school with my brother & sister. I was stressed. I was worried. And I was scared. I knew we would be losing our home and many other things. As I came over the crest of a hill my eyes rested on a beautiful gift from God. A beautiful rainbow filled the sky in front of me. I knew it was a promise from God! I knew He was telling me "Trust me, I will take care of you"! From that moment I knew God was going to bring beauty from the ashes of a family falling apart. 

After seeing what my Mom went through and the pain our family had experienced, it was many years before I was able to open my heart enough to trust someone. My fear was that I was going to end up in the same situation. I prayed many, many times for the husband I would someday marry.
  • I prayed he would love God more than me.
  • I prayed God would prepare him specifically for me.
  • I prayed we would have a relationship that was centered on Christ.
The Lord has been faithful to that promise! He gave me a husband who loves me unconditionally. He loves me baggage and all! At the very beginning of our relationship Jeff & I made a commitment to each other that we were going to break the cycle of poor communication and hurt. It's not easy but, it is certainly worth the hard work. Our family is strong and filled with love.

Yesterday both of our children were Baptized. Oh what joy filled my heart and tears that filled my eyes as I watched my 6 year old son & 4 year old daughter publicly profess their faith in Jesus. After the baptism the congregation sang "Who Can Satisfy My Soul". As I stood their singing praises to my Heavenly Father the words deeply touched my soul. I was reminded that Jesus is the only one who can satisfy my soul! He is forever faithful and true!

Take a few minutes and listen to this song. I pray it touches your soul. Praying for you and your marriages my friends!


I am linked today with Julie at Come Have a Peace. Take a look and see what she says about being Fit4Faith.
 
In His Calm,

Mary 

2 comments:

  1. It's a huge blessing to know your children are His children. My children accepted Jesus Christ as their Savior in 2006.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Mary this is such an important truth. We can't get far from this one, and what peace it gives us in our marriage relationships.

    Blessings to you friend,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...