Be still, and know that I am God - Psalm 46:10

Friday, May 24, 2013

Five Minute Friday - View


This morning I'm trying something new :-). 
I have been watching from the sidelines for a little while this thing called Five Minute Fridays on Lisa-Jo Baker's website. Its a time when writers set their timers for 5 minutes and write freely on a topic chosen by Lisa-Jo. Today the topic is VIEW so here goes nothing...

GO
I sat in my blue camp chair again last night. I was up on a hill overlooking a baseball field, a playground, bleachers & kids running back & forth.
I watched with dread, nerves, excitement & pride as my son came up to bat. “Oh Lord”, I prayed, “please let him hit the ball”!
CRACK!!! And away went the ball, sailing straight for centerfield.
And off went my son running to 1st base as I stood and cheered & yelled & clapped.
As my son settled down on 1st base & pride filled my heart I turned to eye my daughter on the playground.
And nothing… I couldn’t see her anywhere. My heart skipped a beat as I walked around trying to get a different view so I could somehow see her.
I searched the bathroom & asked friends if they had seen her. Nothing. No one had seen her.
Just as panic was setting in I took a deep breath & prayed “Lord, please help me find her, I know she’s here. Let me see her.”
As I turned around to get another view I saw her playing with an older friend just on the other side of the hill.
She had no idea I was nervously searching for her. After giving her a big hug and reminding her she must let me know if she is moving to a different spot to play, I walked back to my view on the hill overlooking the baseball field & playground.
This morning as I look back on my view of last night I wonder,
Is this like God’s view?
Does He watch with pride as one of His children emerges from a “slump” only to turn around and find another child has wondered off?
STOP
Now that was fun & freeing! Why don't you take some time today and read what others had to say on "VIEW". 
 
In His Calm,

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...