Thank you friends for joining me & Julie again
today as we continue talking about the journey into Motherhood. I hope you shared the news about EXPECTANT with a friend.
When
I delivered our first baby, it was quite a finale to our pregnancy! Nothing happened
the way we anticipated. I was left with fear and disappointment, and it took a
long time for me to feel whole again. Feeling fragile was not only hard, it
wasn’t what I expected.
I
always wanted to have children, but I also loved being a teacher. Making a
transition to spending the day with the baby at home was not as easy as I
thought it would be, and before long I found myself overcommitted and worn out.
I was challenged to take a close look at where I found my identity and where I
placed my trust. Motherhood turned out to be as much about growing me as growing our children.
It seems like women
in their early twenties are discouraged these days to become a mother so young.
What type of encouragement do you have for young couples ready to become parents?
No
one is every fully prepared to be a mom, but giving yourself a chance to grow
and mature in wisdom helps you be the best mom you can be and want to be. God
is able to do extraordinary things with moms who start as ordinary women. If
you wait until you’re perfect and have a well-padded portfolio and house with a
fence, you might wait a long time.
A
wise mentor once encouraged me not to rush through the sweet years of just
being a couple. Strengthen your oneness during your pre-child season, and you’ll
be better parents when the time comes. As you enter parenthood, you’ll find
that it’s a lot about growing yourselves while growing your family.
I’m
thankful my mentor slowed us down; God’s timing is unique for everyone. Seek
Him together. The most important part of the decision about when to start a
family is unity between the mom and dad-to-be. It’s never worth it for one
anxious spouse to push the other forward. Your hearts must be longing and expectant together.
Will
you be overwhelmed if you start young? Every mom is overwhelmed at times, regardless
of age, but God will be there to Father you lovingly into an experience more
amazing than you ever imagined. He has a tender place in His heart for moms,
and He knows all you hope and all you anticipate, (Isaiah 40:11). He is the one
who has grown your mama’s heart to be so EXPECTANT.
Stop by the EXPECTANT page to find out more and to purchase
your copy for $4.99 on Kindle or for use on the Kindle App.
Thank you Julie for taking time to share EXPECTANT: 40 Devotions for New and Expectant Moms. We loved hearing your words of wisdom.
Stop by the EXPECTANT page to find out more and to purchase
your copy for $4.99 on Kindle or for use on the Kindle App.
No comments:
Post a Comment