Be still, and know that I am God - Psalm 46:10

Thursday, August 15, 2013

When Saying Yes to God Causes you to #SayWhat?


When Saying Yes to God Causes you to #SayWhat?
It was loud & clear. I knew God was calling me to follow Him in a plan He had for me. Although I didn’t hear His voice audibly He confirmed through scripture, messages, conversation, & situations He wanted to use me.
So I said Yes to God and was ready to jump in full steam ahead. I was excited and telling everyone I could that He had called me to serve Him.
And then just as sure as I knew He was calling me to serve Him the door slammed shut.
And I said “Say What God? You’ve called me to follow you & serve you and now you are telling me to wait? Are you kidding me? How do I contain the excitement that I have? How do I not serve you?”
To be honest I was rather put out with God. I was frustrated and questioned myself - “Did I really hear God right? Was I wrong? Maybe He really didn’t want to use me.”
Through prayer and studying scripture I realized I did hear God right He did want to use me, only it wasn’t the way I expected to be used at that time.
There is a time for everything,
And a season for every activity under heaven:
Ecclesiastes 3:1
He had a specific purpose for me, I just needed to slow down & let Him show me what it was.
I was reminded that God has a plan and He knows what I need in the perfect time to prepare for the next adventure He has for me.
It may not be in the timing that I expect but His Ways are perfect and higher than mine.
So I let go of my frustrations and questions and committed to serve Him quietly right where He wanted me.
The beauty of where He wanted me to quietly serve is that it was coming along side my husband, supporting and praying for him, being his ear & confidant.
Serving God quietly alongside my husband gave us the opportunity to strengthen our marriage & gain an intimacy we would not have otherwise.
So my sisters, when God calls you to serve Him and you try to run full steam ahead and end up having a #SayWhat moment, remember “there is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven”.
God has a plan and He knows the best way to prepare you for that plan. He knows the perfect place for you to serve, you just need to slow down and allow Him, in His Perfect Timing, to put you in that place.
Dear Lord, Thank you that you have a perfect plan for my life. Thank you that your timing is perfect. Help me to slow down and follow your timing so that I may follow your will for my life. In Your Name I Pray, Amen.
P31 OBS Blog Hop
In His Calm,

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...