Be still, and know that I am God - Psalm 46:10

Friday, August 23, 2013

When it would be easier to say No God


Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.

John 15:4
There are days when the journey of Saying Yes to God is so very hard.
On those days fear, doubt, discouragement, pain, despair & hopelessness take center stage leaving nothing left but an empty ache where hope, strength & life once were.
I know these days. I lived these days. I AM living these days.
And now as I live the hard days it is very easy to say, “I’m sorry God I didn’t sign up for this - I didn’t sign up for the attacks, the pain, the loss. I can’t do this anymore I quit.”
Telling God no, -turning around and walking away- would be the easy way out.
It would be easy to say, “Sorry God I don’t have the strength to stand up & follow you. I don’t have the will power to go against the popular choice. So, God No, I won’t follow you in the calling you have placed on my life.”
It would be easy to continue living my comfortable, oh-hum doing the next thing that comes along life. But, that’s not what God asked me to do.
God didn’t ask me to live a life of comfort & routine.
He asked me to “Come follow Him.” He asked me to join Him on the adventure He has planned for me.
God never promised it would be easy but He did promise that as long as I remained in Him, He would remain in me.
In a day where I have been discouraged, broken hearted & just plain mad I realized I was losing sight of the Light of Christ.
Today I dug deep in His Word & focused on His Truth that he will always remain with me as long as I remain in Him. Today I used His Word as a Weapon & in doing so I was strengthened to continue saying Yes to Him.


Sweet friend, are you discouraged & wondering why you ever said Yes to God?
Will you please hear my heart? Don’t give up! Keep fighting & keep following the plans God has for your life. Lean on Him and He will strengthen you.
Choose to stay focused on His Light & His Truth & He will stay with you giving you the strength & endurance you need.
Dear Lord, Help me to choose to stay with you, help me to abide, rest & endure the hard, discouraging days with you. For I know Lord that when I remain in you, you will suffer & bear with patience, abide & stay with me. Lord I know that no branch, limb or member of a body can hold up or remain firm by its self. I know that it must remain attached to the stem that is attached to the root, the source of its life. Help me Lord remain, abide & rest in you so that I can hold up & remain firm under pressure. For you Jesus, are one with God & will be my source of strength & life. In Your Name I Pray, Amen.

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...