Be still, and know that I am God - Psalm 46:10

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Saying Yes to God


I sat alone in my room with my Bible & journal open on my lap.
It wasn’t my normal quiet time but I needed to be out of the way for a meeting my husband had at our house so I thought, “Why not spend some time in God’s Word”.
What I didn’t realize was that God had planned on meeting with me to stretch me, mold me & make me into the woman He wanted me to be, I just needed to say #YesToGod.
My quiet time never looks the same; there are times I will find a passage to read, write in my prayer journal, listen to music, read a book or do a topical study.
This time I opened my bible & read Isaiah 64:8
“Yet, O Lord, you are our Father.
We are the clay, you are the potter;
we are all the work of your hand.”
Those words absolutely jumped off the page!
Yes God is my Father! He wants what is best for me & He wants to mold me into a woman who can be used by Him to bring others closer to Him. But, He can’t do it if I don’t allow Him to shape me into a new vessel.
So that night as I sat on my bed I said “Yes to God”. I committed to follow Him and do whatever He asked of me.
Little did I know that He would test that Yes to God the very next day when I was asked to step WAY out of my comfort zone and lead a Sanctuary full of women in worship with 5 minutes notice.
“Outside our comfort zone… is where we experience the true awesomeness of God.”
Lysa TerKeurst – What Happens When Women Say Yes to God
Now before you start thinking I was still in my #YesToGod high from the night before & jumped at the chance to do it, I need to correct you. I did everything I could NOT to say yes! I gave every excuse I could think of,
·      “Lord, I don’t have any experience leading worship.”
·      “Lord, sure, I sing in the choir BUT I am not a soloist.”
·      “Lord, I am terrified.”
And with each one of those excuses He said “my child let me mold you into the woman who I can use to reach others, trust me.”
So with knees & voice shaking I stood before 200 women as we worshipped our Lord and Savior.
In that moment God gave me the strength I needed to stretch beyond what I thought I could do. I learned to trust Him in what I thought was an impossible task. And I learned that His Ways are Higher than my ways.
Since that night of committing to say #YesToGod He has stretched me beyond anything I could ever imagine.
·      I have watched Him bring hundreds of women together for a time of prayer & worship as we sought revival for our area.
·      I’ve watched him bringing thousands of women together from all walks of life to worship & grow in the Word of God.
·      But most importantly I’ve experienced the profound peace, strength & exhilaration of watching God work within my life one Yes at a time.
So as we travel through the study of Lysa TerKeurst’s book, What Happens When Women Say Yes To God with P31 OBS will you say #YesToGod? Will you allow Him to mold you and make you into the woman He knows you can be? Will you be the clay & allow Him to be your potter?
Will you be the work of God’s Hand?
Oh Lord, you are a mighty, awesome God! I thank you that you want me to be involved with your work. Lord, give me the strength to say yes to you. Mold me into the woman you want me to be so that I can reach others in your name. In Your Name I Pray, Amen.
P31 OBS Blog Hop 
Today I am linked up with P31 OBS for Lysa TerKeurst's What Happens When Women Say Yes to God. Will you join me there & see what happens when other women say "YesToGod?

In His Calm,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...