Be still, and know that I am God - Psalm 46:10

Monday, December 3, 2012

Tiny Droplets

 "Be Still
and 
Know I AM GOD"
Psalm 46:10

I sit at my desk with an empty screen before me. I know God has something to say, I feel it in my heart but the words don't come.

Distractions come...but not the words...

Why is it that when I'm busy running around I catch glimpses of His Glory and think oh wow I have to write that down, but, when I sit down the words don't come?

I gaze out of the window & pray, "God I know you have something to say but I can't "hear" you. Speak to me. Speak through me."

And then I see it...

It's foggy outside, I see my driveway but the bushes on the other side are shadows. The 3 cypress trees a foot outside my window are very crisp & clear. But beyond that the air is milky white.

My eyes focus on something moving in the air...tiny droplets...almost missed. I have been so focused on the large cypress trees & big picture of the thickness of the cottony white fog that I failed to see the tiny, individual water particles that make up the fog. Those particles are carried along by the direction of a whispery breath of air.

Later today as the air gently moves, and the sun slowly rises, the fog will lift to reveal a beautiful, icy blue sky displaying God's Glorious Creation around us.

Isn't our life like that? 

Life gets hard & days are clouded by the pain, hurt, questions, fear, feelings of inadequacy & frustrations. We only see the hard, difficult things looming directly in front of us like the cypress trees. We want to know what our future holds but its cloudy like the milky white fog.

But God...

He is in the tiniest details of our lives. He works around us, quietly moving like the droplets that are so faint we only catch a glimpse of them-Him or feel them-Him on our faces if we slow down, rest and patiently wait...on Him.

As the trials wear on and our lives heat up God will show is Magnificent Glory when the fog lifts and He reveals the clear blue sky. 

Then we will see the ways in which He has worked all around us. We will see the way He gently moved us with the whisper of His breath and we will see the way he brought us around the obstacles that stood before us.

My prayer for you sweet sisters is that even though you may go through times in your life where you can't see God's path for you or why he has called you down a certain road, you will always know WHO HE IS and that HE IS AT WORK IN YOUR LIFE! So sweet sisters keep your eyes & heart focused on The Cross and God's Truth.



"I say to myself, 'The LORD is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him.'
The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him,
to the one who seeks him;
it is good to wait quietly
for the salvation of the LORD."
Lamentations 3:24-26

Continuing the Joy Dare #977 - #986:
  • the Old Rugged Cross
  • "winter" scented candles
  • Christmas music playing while I clean
  • family time reading in front of a fire
  • for the privilege to join God where He is working
  • having my husband tell me he is proud of me
  • looking back & seeing how God answers prayers
  • Godly women standing in the gap with prayer
  • for the hard days when the walls are closing in
  • for the icy blue sky after the fog lifts


In His Calm,

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...