Be still, and know that I am God - Psalm 46:10

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Thankful Thursday ~ Little things

This list of 1000 Gifts has been a year in the making. As I've gotten closer to 1000 I've kept in mind that the 1000th Thanks needed to be BIG... a culmination of many thanks. I've actually held off finishing the list because I haven't been able to come up with anything BIG enough.

But last night after a conversation with a friend I realized it's not the big things that make the biggest impact. It's all the small, seemingly unimportant things that add up to change a life from focusing on self to focusing on the Great Amazing Love of God. 

Sure, big moments make impacts and direct focus on God but big moments aren't constant

It's in the whisper of the song bird... the bright flash across the night sky... the giggle of a child... the dirty laundry scattered across the floor... the blown tire... and the many more small moments of life that when we stop to reflect on who blessed us with those moments - good & bad - we realize how blessed we are.

God is constant! He never changes! He never leaves! His love is always faithful!

And for that I am thankful. Thankful for the many ways He shows His love for me each and everyday. Even in the moments I don't think are so good when I stop to thank Him for them my attitude changes, my heart softens and the focus is taken off of me and placed on Him.

So, thank you God! Thank you for the good, the bad & the in between. Thank you for the big & the small. Thank you for every perfect gift you give me each day. May I seek you and all the moments you give me and continue this counting of gifts in 2013.

Continuing the Joy Dare #995 - #1013

  • "stolen" moments with my husband
  • meteor shower on a cold, clear night in the mountains
  • sunrise in the mountains
  • laughter with friends
  • picking my kids up from school after a night away
  • my son running off the bus to give me one more kiss & hug goodbye
  • excitement on my daughter's face when she finds out she's going to The Nutcracker
  • 2 "fur balls" jumping & barking with excitement
  • new dress
  • new shoes
  • picture with the Sugar Plum Fairy
  • special dinner with Mommy & Daddy
  • mounds of laundry after a weekend away
  • visiting with Santa & Mrs Claus
  • voices of children singing Christmas carols for their parents
  • Christmas parties at school & dance
  • candy canes galore
  • children singing Christmas carols at a Nursing Home
  • address Christmas cards
What small moments are you thankful for?




In His Calm,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...