Be still, and know that I am God - Psalm 46:10

Monday, May 7, 2012

Marriage Monday ~ Don't forget to give him praise


I know I have shared a lot lately about how busy life is around here. And I know that life is probably just as busy for you.

We are running through our days barely taking the time to sit quietly and catch up.

This weekend I stole a few minutes to sit down & put my feet up. In those few quiet moments I felt God whisper to my heart have you told Jeff how thankful you are for him? Have you given him words of affirmation & praise?

The seed was planted on Friday night when we were at a baseball game with some friends. I don't remember exactly what was going on but I made a comment to a friend "I am so thankful my husband...". As those words left my lips they sounded different. A twinge of guilt & uneasiness caught me as I realized it had been too long since I last praised Jeff.

We have been so busy trying to get so much done that I have overlooked the little, simple things in life. Saying thank you and giving praise doesn't take long, it may take just a few seconds but the lasting effects can linger for hours.

This week I am going to make a conscious effort to praise Jeff for all that he does and all that he is even if it is the little things.

How about you? What can you find to praise your husband for?

Continuing the Joy Dare as I give thanks for all the wonderful things my husband does #642- #651:
  • a husband who boldly says the truth
  • a husband who lovingly changes the dressing on my injured finger
  • works hard to provide for our family
  • faithful & devoted
  • quietly has fun in his introverted way
  • takes pride in his work around the house (even when painting the closet)
  • loves taking the kids on Daddy/son/daughter dates
  • gives me grace when I can't seem to get it all done
  • loves me unconditionally
  • Godly example to our children
Taking the Joy Dare of counting 1000 gifts with Ann at A Holy Experience 

In His Calm,

Mary




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...