"It's not fair...She went to lunch & I didn't" whines my son.
"It's not fair... It's not fair...It's not fair..." multiple times a day I hear my children make that complaint. And boy does it grate on my nerves!
We try to teach our children how to be grateful and thankful for what they have but there are days when I feel like an utter failure because all they do is complain about what they don't have. There are days when all they can do is talk about how the other one has it better than they have it. I usually respond with a statement like "Just be glad you have anything at all." Sometimes it quiets them down sometimes it doesn't.
This morning I was frustrated about hearing the "It's not fair" complaint all over again. In the quiet moments after dropping the kids off at school God nudged my heart and said "There are days when you sound just like them".
OUCH!!!!!! That really hit hard. I thought "Surely not me, remember God I keep a gratitude journal. Besides Lord, I'm not one who wants more stuff." But, as I thought more about it I realized there are days I am just like them.
I'm busy complaining "It's not fair...She gets to do more than I do" or "It's not fair...She can get more accomplished than I can".
Instead of wanting to do more and serve more and then complaining "It's not fair" because I can't get it all done. I need to be grateful God has me where He wants me right now. I need to be intentional with the assignment He has given me.
Lord, help me to be faithful & intentional in the small things you give me to do each day. Help me to focus on you and trusting you to ordain my days instead of complaining about how "It's not fair" that I can't get everything done that I want done. Help me to follow your agenda for the day.
In Your Name I Pray, Amen
Continuing the Joy Dare #673 - #679
- life's little lessons
- clean floors
- clearing the dust away
- the smell of a new car
- a good night sleep
- baseball ending & swim team beginning
- the end of a school year
Taking the Joy Dare of counting 1000 gifts with Ann at A Holy Experience
No comments:
Post a Comment