I can!
My windows are open. The warmth of the sun warms my shoulders as the cool breeze blows across my face. The birds are chirping & left over fall leaves are sliding across the driveway. A robin sits high on the gutter singing as I watch another robin build a nest in the cypress just outside my window.
Spring is in the Air! The cold, gray days of winter are beginning to give way to the fresh new birth of spring.
I love spring and the fresh hope it brings. As I open windows to exchange the stale, stillness of winter for the light, newness of spring my eyes are opened to the dust & cobwebs that have built up in the house. It is time for some spring cleaning!
I have started making notes of the deep cleaning I want to tackle in the house ~ beginning with the cobwebs in the corners and the dust on the ceiling fans :-).
As I sat in church last night waiting for the service to begin I realized not only is it time to do some spring cleaning in my house, but it is also time to do some spring cleaning in my marriage.
We've been very busy with work, kids, ministry...life. So much so that we haven't had time for just the two of us.
When we don't have time for the two of us we begin to have quick drive thru conversations. Does this sound familiar to you?
- A quick catch up on the phone of our schedules for the evening as my husband drives home from work & I shuttle kids between activities.
- Discussing issues about work while fielding questions from the kids as we inhale dinner.
- Talking in "code" about a surprise trip while we do bath & bedtime with the kids & then once the kids are down each of us working on our own separate projects.
When Jeff & I were dating we would sit and talk until the wee hours of the morning. Granted we were a lot younger and could go on very little sleep :-) but, we had in-depth conversations. We were newly in love and wanted to know completely about each other.
My one word for this year is intentional. This week as I clean the cobwebs in my house I will also be intentional about dusting the cobwebs off the communication in my marriage. How about you? Will you commit to making & spending more time in deep meaningful communication with your husband?
Here are a few questions & ideas to get you started:
- What is one area of our marriage we need to work on?
- If we could do one thing we did when we were dating what would you want to do?
- What is something new we could do as a couple?
- Begin dreaming about a vacation for just the two of you that you could begin saving for.
I'm linked today with Women Living Well Wednesdays
In His Calm,
Mary
No comments:
Post a Comment