Be still, and know that I am God - Psalm 46:10

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Thankful Thursday - Thanking God for you

"Every time I think of you, I give thanks to my God. Whenever I pray, I make my requests for all of you with joy, for you have been my partners in spreading the Good News about Christ from the time you first heard it until now. And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns." Philippians 1:3-6
This week my heart has been filled with excitement in anticipation of going on vacation with my family and some close friends. But, it has also been a little heavy.

This time last year I was preparing for She Speaks, a conference for Women's Ministry Leaders, Writers & Speakers given by Proverbs 31 Ministries. My calling to Women's Ministry was new & I thought "what a perfect way to find out about this new calling." I went in not knowing what to expect but excited & anxious to see what God was going to show me.

I left overflowing with emotion, knowledge & gratitude.

Emotion - because God met me exactly where I needed him during my time in the prayer room. He lavished His Love on me as I was reminded he was The Healer.

Knowledge - because the information shared by Shari Braendel, Wendy Pope, Melanie Chitwood, Lysa Terkeurst & Renee Swope has been a tremendous help for me this past year.

Gratitude - because God put me in contact with some amazing women who touched my life that weekend and over the last year.

 I met Julie Sanders through an introduction by Melanie Chitwood. Julie writes at Come Have A Peace. You had a chance to meet her here a few months ago when she wrote a guest post for me while I was recovering from surgery. Julie has become a trusted mentor and dear friend.
Melissa Taylor and I bonded as we talked about the illness of her mother, my in-laws and my husband. We also found a kindred link in the love of our USC-Gamecocks.
At lunch I met Carey & Heatherly. These two ladies filled me in on the basics of blogging over salad :). Carey has been a source of wise council on raising children on her blog Lets Get Real. And Heatherly, my dear friend at A Pinkdaisy Life has shown that sometimes God takes us through a hard, slow time only to bring us through as a much stronger person on the other side.

My heart is heavy this week knowing I won't be experiencing the incredible weekend from last year but, I am very thankful for the friends I met. I am honored to pray for all of the P31 ladies as they minister to 600 women this weekend at She Speaks. I am especially thankful I can pray for Wendy, Heatherly and Carey.

#94- #103
  • worshiping my Savior in song
  • sun kissed cheeks of my kids
  • being part of something BIG
  • nature walks with Grandma
  • days with a hint of fall in an unbearably hot summer
  • help from a sweet neighbor
  • God ordained meeting of sweet friends in ministry
  • time spent with friends at the pool
  • the blessings & lessons that will come after the hard times
  • friends I can go to for prayer
Counting 1000 gifts with Ann at A Holy Experience

In His Calm,

Mary
 

    2 comments:

    1. Mary, sweet sister! We will miss you this year, but I promise to say a quick prayer for you with every salad I eat over the weekend. Maybe we can even share some croutons in 2012! Love and appreciate you!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Thanks Carey! Will be saying LOTS of prayers for you! Can't wait to hear how God works in your life!

      ReplyDelete

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...