Be still, and know that I am God - Psalm 46:10

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Thankful Thursday - Gazing Upon His Beauty

"One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple." Psalm 27:4
note: this is a picture I took, not my sister, she does a much better job :)

Today I visited my sister's photography studio. As I walked into the room my eyes took hold of it. On the wall hung a canvas with yellows, greens, oranges & reds. The image wasn't clear but there was something about it that touched my soul. When I inquired about it I was told it was the reflection of a mountain top in a lake.

Ah, the mountains, it's where I feel closest to God. I gaze upon the creation of His beauty in the mountains. I am in His Presence in the mountains.

But, I don't have to go to the mountains to be in His Presence. In my heart I can "dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life." Living eucharisteo I am reminded of His Presence. When I seek Him I am in His Presence.

#72 - #82 of living eucharisteo
  • celebrating G's birthday
  • cheering for G in divisional swim championship
  • seeing a boost in G's self-confidence when he won his heat in area swim Allstars
  • genuine excitement & gratitude for a homemade cake
  • celebrating the birthday of my country where I am FREE to worship My LORD & SAVIOR
  • all 4 of us piled into bed together watching fireworks from our Nation's Capital
  • a husband who helps me wash & detail my very dirty car
  • daddy/son bonding time at camp
  • mommy/daughter bonding time
  • light pink onsies & little lovies
  • sweet bedtime prayers
I am counting God's blessings today with multitudes on mondays @ A Holy Experience.


In His Calm,

Mary

3 comments:

  1. I come by to visit you via one of our blogging buddies at http://heartofthehome-blog.blogspot.com/. I enjoyed browsing your blog and reading your great post.. We would like to invite you to stop by and visit us when you have a moment. Have a blessed day, and hope to see you soon.. God Bless you and yours..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live right by the ocean but it's the mountains where I sense Him most. Thankful that He's with me even when I'm not in the mountains. Beautiful photo and great list. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the list! I have always loved the beach...but am growing towards the mountains....I wish I could have both in the same location....both to me show his power and majesty equally...and I am so calm at each location.! Thank you for dropping by....I'm so glad I followed you back....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...