"The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul." Psalm 23:1-3
Over the past couple of years summer has been a time for me to slow down. I have taken time for myself and time to be one on one with God. It was a time for me to be refreshed and renewed in spirit and in the knowledge of my Lord. As I headed into surgery a few months ago I thought I would have plenty of time for spiritual renewal along with the physical rest my body needed. I have received the physical rest but not the spiritual renewal I need.
God has been nudging me over the last couple of weeks to take a break from Marriage Mondays. To be honest I haven't done a good job listening to Him and I have been frustrated. After talking over my frustrations with Jeff earlier this week he suggested I take the month of July off from Marriage Mondays. I immediately balked at the idea but decided I needed to pray about it before making my decision.
While talking with God I realized a break is what I need. I need to spend time in the "green pastures" of God's Word. When I rest in his word I will experience the "quiet waters" of His Spirit. As I spent some time alone with Him this week I sensed Him already giving me some ideas for Marriage Monday. So, over the next month while I "lie down" in God's "green pastures" I will be working on a new series for Marriage Monday to begin in August.
While I am taking a break from Marriage Monday I will continue to post Thankful Thursday. I hope you will join me each Thursday as I find the gifts in each moment of the day. See you in August.
In His Calm,
Mary

I'm bummed to see you're taking a break from marriage mondays...I had a tip that recently put a little fun into my marriage. I changed up my look, drastically, my husband said he can't stop looking at me...it's quite fun. :)
ReplyDeleteMariah,
ReplyDeleteThank you for the encouragement and great tip! Its fun to keep our husbands on their toes isn't it. Don't worry I will be back in a few weeks. I'm taking this time to work on a new marriage series. Take care!