This weekend my daughter was the Flower Girl at a sweet friend's wedding. Caroline loved every moment of the weekend. She tossed purple flower petals from her basket and twirled and danced in her "Princess dress". I loved watching my little girl in awe of the "big Princess & her Prince". Caroline thought she was living in a fairytale. At one point during the weekend Caroline looked at me and asked me when she was going to marry her prince. That made my heart skip a beat. I told her that one day she would meet the man God had planned for her. I told her that when she did meet him he would treat her just like a princess.
Throughout the weekend I was reminded of praying for my future husband when I was a teenager. I remember praying that God would be molding my future husband into the man He wanted him to be. I asked God to help him love Christ more than I loved Christ. I knew that if he loved Christ more than I did we would have a strong Godly marriage. God has answered my prayers. My husband is the man of my prayers. He loves Christ more than I do and because of that he treats me like a princess.
My prayer for my children is that we will raise them to love & serve God with their whole heart. While I am praying for my children I also pray for their future spouses. I ask many of the same things I asked when I was praying for my future husband. I know that if my marriage and their marriages are under-girded in prayer than they will withstand anything the world throws at them.
One of the songs sung in the wedding was The Prayer. It beautifully says so much of what I pray for my marriage. The lyrics are below so you will know exactly what is being sung.
I pray you'll be our eyes, and watch us where we go And help us to be wise in times when we don't know Let this be our prayer, when we lose our way Lead us to the place, guide us with your grace To a place where we'll be safe
I pray we'll find your light, and hold it in our hearts When stars go out each night, remind us where you are Let this be our prayer, when shadows fill our day Help us find a place, guide us with your grace Give us faith so we'll be safe
A world where pain and sorrow will be ended And every heart that's broken will be mended And we'll remember we are all God's children Reaching out to touch you Reaching to the sky
We ask that life be kind, and watch us from above We hope each soul will find another soul to love Let this be our prayer, just like every child Who needs to find a place, guide us with your grace Give us faith so we'll be safe Needs to find a place, guide us with your grace Give us faith so we'll be safe
My prayer is that you will pray daily for your marriage.
In His Calm,
Mary

Beautifully said, Mary....I prayed that prayer a lot as well and pray that over my Sarah Grace....Little Caroline was beautiful and adorable...Sarah Grace was almost named "Caroline Elizabeth."
ReplyDelete