My heart is heavy as I write this post. I planned to write on something I have been thinking about all week. But, a few hours ago I found out the husband of a friend of mine died. My friend and her two children find themselves without a husband and a dad. How my heart aches for her.
I am reminded of the fear that I faced 11 years ago when my husband was very ill. We had just celebrated our 1st anniversary when my husband became ill. I was told by the Doctor as he was admitted into the hospital that he wasn't sure if Jeff would live. I remember how devastated I felt. The thought of living a life without Jeff was unimaginable. Jeff recovered and we now have 2 beautiful children.
The last several weeks have been extremely busy. We have spent most of our days running from one event to another. Some days we have been so busy we have barely had a chance to talk. We love each other very much but we haven't taken the time to tell or show each other that love.
Please forgive this short post but, I feel the need to go spend some time showing and telling my husband how much love him! Does your husband know how much you love him? Do you need to take some time today making sure he knows that?
In His Calm,
Mary
Mary,I had the same rush come over me. And,yes,I spent the majority of the day with B doing just that very thing! XOXO,JJ
ReplyDeleteI think you did exactly the right thing. I've been in Florida all week helping my parents. I miss my husband so much it hurts and can't wait to hug him!
ReplyDelete