Over the last several months I've quietly read Emily's list of things she learned each month. So, today I thought I would share a few things I learned in August & might actually throw some things in I learned over the summer :-). Some of these I actually learned over a fun conversation with my husband and kids as we waited way to long for pizza one night.
My husband led us through a series of questions that really made me feel quite dumb for not knowing.
1. What are the 2 best conductors of electricity? silver & copper
2. What are 2 metals that don't corrode of oxidize? gold & platinum
3. What metal when exposed to water will explode but when combined with a poisonous gas tastes good? Sodium Sodium + Chlorine = Sodium Chloride aka table salt
4. The first commercial printing press was invented by Gutenberg, the first book printed on it was the Gutenberg Bible. I actually knew this but had completely forgotten. I loved that I was reminded of this wonderful fact.
5 I have a daughter who has a couple of molars coming in. As we were discussing that one night I learned that an elephant's molar weighs 10lbs & is the size of a gallon of milk. Now that is a big tooth :-).
6 A sharks skin is made up of many microscopic teeth which is why shark skin used to be used as sandpaper.
So there you have it a few things I learned over the summer. I know it's not my typical post but I thought I might have a little fun today with Emily over at Chatting at the Sky. Why don't you jump over there and take a look at some of the things she learned. You might learn a little bit yourself. I know I did.
No comments:
Post a Comment