Be still, and know that I am God - Psalm 46:10

Friday, September 13, 2013

Five Minute Friday ~ Mercy


Once again I am joining Lisa-Jo for Five Minute Friday. On Friday hundreds of brave writers take 5 minutes and write on a single prompt. You can visit Lisa-Jo here to find out what Five Minute Friday is all about and to read the many other wonderful posts.
On Fridays a bunch of brave writers gather here to all spend 5 collective minutes writing on a single prompt.  - See more at: http://lisajobaker.com/2013/09/five-minute-friday-mercy/#sthash.V4LudN1Q.dpuf
Go.
On Fridays a bunch of brave writers gather here to all spend 5 collective minutes writing on a single prompt.  - See more at: http://lisajobaker.com/2013/09/five-minute-friday-mercy/#sthash.V4LudN1Q.dpuf
On Fridays a bunch of brave writers gather here to all spend 5 collective minutes writing on a single prompt. - See more at: http://lisajobaker.com/2013/09/five-minute-friday-mercy/#sthash.V4LudN1Q.dpuf
On Fridays a bunch of brave writers gather here to all spend 5 collective minutes writing on a single prompt. - See more at: http://lisajobaker.com/2013/09/five-minute-friday-mercy/#sthash.V4LudN1Q.dpuf
Mercy…
What is it? What does it look like?
Mercy is bending down to my daughter, wiping away the tears as she expresses frustration over having trouble reading.
Mercy is sitting on the sidelines of the game cheering my son on as he struggles with anxiety & making the plays he nailed in practice.
Mercy is holding my tongue when all I want to do is snap a quick retort back to my husband.
Mercy is God holding me in His lap when I desperately need someone to understand the frustrations & hurt I feel.
God is Good & His Mercy Endures Forever!
And as He shows me mercy, tenderly supporting me and showing me His Love, I learn how to show mercy to others.
Oh may I give the gift of mercy to others that God has so freely given me.
Stop. 
In His Calm,

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...