This week in Jonah Navigating a Life Interrupted by
Priscilla Shirer God gave Jonah a second chance to follow His instructions.
Even though Jonah ran from God The Lord gave him a second chance to be the
first Israelite to take God’s message to the pagans.
Jonah is not the only one in the Bible who received a
second chance.
In Exodus 32 God gave Aaron a second chance to serve as
Israel’s first High Priest after he became impatient and helped the Israelites
make an idol.
In John 21:15-17 Jesus gave Peter a second chance to
have a close relationship with Him after Peter denied Jesus 3 times.
Have you become impatient like Aaron and pushed ahead
to do things in your own timing? Have you denied God & His plans for your
life?
This week I’ve learned when God gives us assignments He
reveals His plan step by step. Too often I want to jump in full steam ahead,
but God knows if He reveals His plan completely at the beginning, I will become
overwhelmed and unable to focus on His assignment.
“While we may want to find the easiest road to complete
obedience, our hearts must be set on doing God’s Will – His way & in its
entirety – even if it takes longer than we’d prefer or requires more effort.” Priscilla Shirer
In 2 Kings 5:1-14 Naaman was told by Elisha to wash 7
times in the Jordan & he would be cured of leprosy. But, Naaman complained
that it was too much work. All he wanted was for the prophet Elisha to call on
the name of the Lord to heal him. He wanted the easy way out.
Oh I don’t want to be like Naaman & seek the
easiest road to what I want. And sisters I pray that you don’t want to take the
easy road either.
God reveals His plans slowly baby step after baby step
so that I/we may learn to trust him and follow him every step of the way.
Has God placed a dream or assignment in your heart? Do
you trust Him to reveal the steps as you need them? Leave me comment and let me
know how I can be praying for you as you follow God in the path He has for you.
Continuing to count the Joy Dare #1100 - #1111:
·
wide awake in the wee hours of the morning
·
divine appointments that confirm God’s next step
·
first day of school jitters as an adult
·
meeting new sisters in Christ
·
watching God work a step at a time
·
brain storming for a writer’s next book
·
2 kids excited to see their Aunt
·
seeing the ups & downs of living in a big
city
·
imperfect progress
·
messing up & trusting God to redeem my
mistakes
·
having faith that God has a plan for what’s best
for my kids
·
trusting God to heal my child’s broken heart
In His Calm,
Mary
Mary
No comments:
Post a Comment